“Hurras” is a Non-governmental Organization specialized in child care and protection, and it works on preventing any case of violence, abuse, and exploitation cases, that children are exposed to in all environments, and that is by acting against it, and eliminating them by several events, such as education, rights, protection, training, and psychological support.**
Purpose of the position
Lead on safeguarding processes across the organization, develop the safeguarding framework in Hurras Network, providing safeguarding expertise for the staff and members.
Human Resources management:
- Responsible for accomplishing the recruitment cycle especially Ads, interviewing, and ensuring that all recruitment procedures comply with CSG policy.
- Maintain standard tools for recruitment (update job descriptions, preparation interview questions, selection process, etc.), and conduct job evaluations and TOR as needed.
- guarantee that adverts for vacant posts should specify the Hurras network’s commitment to child safeguarding policy.
- Ensure to test the candidates’ understanding of good child safeguarding practices within the interview process
- Maintain that References must be contacted, and any qualifications or documentation verified and ensure that the candidates have no previous violations or issues related to child abuse.
- Support direct supervisors to manage performance including developing performance improvement plans and disciplinary sanctions and penal codes as needed.
- Facilitate conflict resolution between staff or between managers and where needed in coordination with the main office support in resolving complaints.
- Deliver refresher training and inductions for anti-harassment and bullying as appropriate and support anti-harassment focal points in their roles.
- Review, strengthen, implement employee safeguarding systems within Hurras Network offices.
Child safeguarding training:
- Providing basic child safeguarding trainings, in addition to refresher trainings for staff and contractors or any person related to the network.
- Develop and prepare all training materials related to child safeguarding.
- Submit reports to the HR manager/line manager include the CSG training process and practices to maintain the commitment of CSG policy.
Child safeguarding operations management:
- Facilitate the translation of the child safeguarding “IEC” materials into local languages and lead the procurement and dissemination of all the prepared child safeguarding materials.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating all procedures related to child safeguarding, whether for staff, volunteers, beneficiaries, stakeholders, and partners.
- Develop child safeguarding messages in cooperation with relevant teams and departments to various stakeholder groups and facilitate their dissemination.
- Conducting a child safeguarding risk assessment for projects in cooperation with the concerned departments and teams, analyzing the results of the assessment, and providing the required support.
- Coordinating with the Program Department to ensure the implementation of the child safeguarding policy within the programs and projects, ensuring that all programs are designed, implemented, and monitored into consideration of the child safeguarding policy.
- communicate as a focal point of child safeguarding with partners and donors including the attendance of periodic meetings and submitting the required reports and responding to child safeguarding concerns.
- Conducting an annual review of the child safeguarding policy and coordinating with the concerned administration to approve the proposed amendments to the policy and procedures.
- Ensure Hurras Network CSG policy procedures and good practices are in place, implemented, and followed. and review, strengthen, implement CSG within Hurras Network offices in Turkey and Syria.
Child Safeguarding reports management:
- Ensure that child safeguarding issues are managed safely, effectively, and efficiently and in accordance with the standards of the CSG Policy.
- Maintain a secure archive of child safeguarding reports in coordination with the information management team.
- Maintain an effective allegation system and ensure that safeguarding mechanisms are in place and continuously monitored and reviewed
Safe Programming Management:
- Cooperating with departments in developing safe programming in proportion to each department and its privacy.
- Ensuring the departments’ policies take into consideration and implement the procedures of the safeguarding and safe programming policy.
Required Work experience and Qualifications
- University degree in Business Administration, or any other related field.
- 2 years of work experience in a related field of NGO
- Work experience in HR management
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel).
- Good skills in dealing flexibly and effectively.
- Ability to manage processes related to training, documentation, and represent the network on child safeguarding issues.
General Terms and Conditions
Hurras provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants.
Hurras believes in achieving diversity in its workforce, by encouraging all qualified applicants, female and male, People living with disabilities to apply for the vacancies announced.
All Hurras members (staff, volunteers, partners, and interns) are committed to Hurras policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Child Protection Policy
Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children from abuse.
Hurras is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and applying a zero-tolerance approach towards child abuse and exploitation.
Hurras’s employees and volunteers are obligated to assume their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them during the implementation of the activities.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
Hurras is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation, or misconduct during work.
Hurras’s employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application via the following link:
All applicants must send an updated CV must be in English.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 28 November 2021.