Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe’s Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
in Azaz, Syria
The position is to be filled by January 01 , 2022, with a contract duration as six months. There are good prospects for an extension depending on the project’s fund. Service location will be Azaz, Syria.
- Keep control and records of the stock of IT and Communication equipment.
- Support the setup of AkvoFlow and CommCare apps on tablets and mobile phones.
- Offer IT support within WHH Syria offices (Azaz& Afrin), including documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for training and supporting end-users with computers, printers, mobile devices, and any other IT device as necessary
- Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining WHH Syria offices (Azaz&Afrin) network devices (QNAP Server, Switches, Access points, Routers)
- Ensure regularly data backup.
- Support the logistics department of Welthungerhilfe in IT equipment procurement.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving system and network problems (hardware or software faults)
- Ensure IT Security Management in the WHH Syria Offices.
- Support in managing the databases.
- Understand and respect confidentiality and data privacy concerns of users and beneficiaries.
- Travel to Afrin Office to check the IT system regularly.
In addition to the above, the IT Assistant may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Operations and Head of IT.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Diploma Degree in computer science or Information Technology.
- Working Experience: 2-3 years of working experience in IT related position, and Prior experience working with an NGO is an advantage.
- Skills/knowledge: Proficient in MS Office package, databases, and data collection tools, operating systems, networks, knowledge of Syrian crisis and the current situation
- Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, attentive to details, co-operative, good humour.
- Language Skills: Arabic and English are required (written & spoken).
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its consultants and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the service contract shall be terminated.
How to apply
Please send your application/CV in ENGLISH LANGUAGE via our online recruiting system HERE by December 02, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.