The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer is expected to contribute in ensuring the safe, quality, and timely implementation of the COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan in the identified project areas in the National Capital Region and Region IV-A. The post-holder is expected – among others – to establish and lead in using a functional and efficient MEAL system of the COVID-19 Response which covers interventions ranging in Risk Communication and Community Engagement, Infection Prevention and Control, WASH, Child Poverty, Education, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support. The post-holder is also expected to support other humanitarian responses of Save the Children.
The post-holder shall also be responsible in providing technical inputs to build and strengthen the project team members, capacity of partner local government units (LGUs) and other organizations/institutions, and contribute to the overall networking and coordination works with different stakeholders. The MEAL Officer is also expected to collaborate with local authorities and other humanitarian organizations on ensuring the representation of the organization in different coordination forum, and in reaching the most vulnerable children and families who are needing humanitarian assistance.
The post-holder shall also be requested to support and implement humanitarian responses that may arise within the duration of his/her employment contract.
The post-holder is also expected to ensure the compliance of program implementation to donor guidelines, Save the Children’s policies, and existing Philippines laws. As a Save the Children staff, the MEAL Officer is expected to abide to the safeguarding framework of the organization, adheres to the Do No Harm and other humanitarian principles and standards, and ensures that children’s rights are protected at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* University level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
* 2-3 years MEAL experience preferably with in an international humanitarian organization, UN, or civil society organizations
* Experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in different contexts
* Experience in building, working, and developing local partnerships, including with the private sector.
* Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes.
* Security management experience across a large programme.
* Experience in developing and delivering training, as well as mentoring and coaching.
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Ability to write and excellent research/analytical skills
* Ability to develop and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
* Good understanding of current humanitarian issues and the dilemmas/compromises inherent in modern humanitarian interventions
* Budget management experience
* People management experience
* Tech-savvy and skilful on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other analysis software
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zMDEwNy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20