Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
An education advisor would help ensure that the CSP goal ‘Girls and boys have equal access to quality education in a safe environment that fulfils their learning and development’ needs. Education is a core thematic area for SC PKCO and in-house education expertise is particularly important in light of COVID-19 to ensure our programs remain adaptable, innovative and effective.
S/he will provide strategic and technical leadership for the scale up and integration into the national development education portfolio in Pakistan. S/he will be a lead on developing proposals and securing funding for Education programs in close coordination with partner organizations (not sure how appropriate for PKN) and country programme teams. S/he will also support ongoing advocacy and media efforts.
The post holder provide strategic, technical and management leadership, for the education programs for SCI in Pakistan. The post holder will be responsible to strategize, develop and where appropriate, supervise implementation of education projects for SCI in emergency and regular development settings. S/he will work at national level in Pakistan with the appropriate line ministries to further influence policy regarding issues relating to Early Childhood Development, Basic Education, Girls Participation, Literacy Boost, Child Centred Learning etc.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To provide expert technical advice on the design and quality implementation of Save the Children’s Education interventions ensuring the approach is consistent with other agencies and integrated with other SC activities.
- To lead on the development of the education strategy, ensuring strategic recommendations are practical and results focused.
- Advise on developing integrated projects with education as a key theme.
- Advise on creating education projects for OOSC and street children.
- Quality technical leadership and advice for the design, implementation and monitoring of education work at provincial, district and community levels.
- Identifying innovative approaches and incorporating into SC PKCO projects.
- Strong technical hold on SCI’s global approaches and thematic work, including SCI’s common approaches supporting the development of an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors.
- Support the Child Rights Situation Analysis exercise.
- Provide technical support and oversight of education program activities. Provide technical advice on the quality of implementation of program activities.
- Work closely with other technical team for possible integration into other programs.
Fundraising and reporting
- Developing close working relationships with key donors.
- Developing a fund raising strategy, and liaising with national and international donors for support of various programmes/activities.
- Development of proposals, meeting with donors and the UN and other actors.
- Lead and draft quality proposals for education programs.
- Build and expand SC Pakistan’s education portfolio.
- Provide technical input and support to interim and final donor reports where appropriate.
- Active coordination with SC’s regional TA, members and other internal coordination forums.
- Represent Save the Children in Education fora iin country and occasionally, internationally, when required. They should ensure Save the Children’s Education work is well understood and well represented in key coordination forums and that the work is coherent with that of other agencies. Liaison with key government line ministries will be critical in this.
- As a member of the thematic leadership and support unit, the post holder should identify opportunities to build links with other sectors and make these links practical and focused on field implementation.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that the Global Impact Monitoring system and Quality Benchmarks are applied to and integrated within the education sector.
- Make regular visits to field sites, to monitor and oversee education program implementation and offer advice.
- Work with MEAL unit to develop tools and ideas to ensure that education programs are monitored against measurable and appropriate indicators.
- Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
- Oversee quality research in the field of education.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Save the Children staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff. Together with other sectors, identify sector-integrated capacity building opportunities.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Post-graduate degree in Education and Development or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5-7 years’ experience managing complex education programs at scale.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex operations in development and emergency situations.
- Good understanding of education concepts and issues in a development context.
- Experience of working with Govt., communities, NGOs, and donor agencies. Strong understanding of relevant ministry and structure of line departments.
- 3-5 years’ experience of concurrently supervising multiple projects.
- Excellent management and communications skills.
- Ability to establish partnerships and networks.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standard.
- Sensitive to the cultural & political environment.
- Fluent spoken & written English language.
- Prepared to work and live in challenging surroundings.
- Knowledge of Pakistan and Region.
- Working knowledge of Pakistani languages.
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision & values.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply
Interested Internal candidates send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com latest by December 24,2021.