Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours islamique France is looking for a Logistics Manager based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
Opened in 2017, SIF have been involved in Maiduguri, Nigeria to improve water access in the Farm Center camp for 576 displaced families by digging wells and by reinforcing community-based-organisations capacities for the manutention of infrastructures.
SIF helped medical personnel and vulnerable populations by donating protection kits which contained 2400 masks and the installation of washing equipments in 5 displaced camps. In addition, to enforce the resiliency of displaced women, SIF trained them to make masks, soaps and hand sanitizers.
Under the guidance of the Head of Mission, the Logistics Manager will be responsible for mission’s procurement, general logistics, the fleet management, and asset, warehouse and security management of SIF in Nigeria.
- Manage the procurement process in accordance with SIF policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Contribute to the setup and revision of security plans and rules.
- Manage all premises and fleet, follow up movements
- Technically support the base logisticians, base managers and program managers
- Ensure smooth communication and collaboration with all departments.
- Frame and support the deployment of SIF teams to new areas of intervention.
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role for an INGO
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Team management experience including capacity building
- Proficiency experience in Microsoft office mandatory
- Previous experience in a volatile contexte is a must
- Starting date : ASAP
- French fixed term contract : 4 months
- Salary according to our salary grid
- Monthly perdiem/ Guesthouse
- Health insurance 60% covered by SIF
- Rapatriation insurance 100% covered by SIF
- R&R to your homecountry covered by SIF after 6 month of mission
- Leaves every 3 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of “Do no harm” and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct.
SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart’s principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!