Save The Children international
TEAM/PROGRAMME:Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning/ PDQ**
LOCATION: Yangon, Myanmar with regular travel to the field
GRADE: NAT- 1
Number of position: 1
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed Term
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: **
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting
The Head of MEAL will take the overall responsibility of design and implementing of Save the Myanmar country office MEAL systems by ensuring strong, accurate and timely monitoring systems for all projects including indicator performance tracking, appropriate and accurate data management, use of quality benchmarking and action trackers for accountability, reporting and learning. S/he will take lead in managing consolidation of Country Office Program Quality Key Performance Indicators on MEAL, contribute to quarterly and annual SCI reports for the Country Office. S/he will work with thematic leads/specialist to develop log-frames/results frameworks and ensure that there is consistency at different level of results, and that results lead to program goal and indicators are SMART. He/she will ensure that there is MEAL capacity of staffs and regularly build capacity of staffs and ensure resource. As a snr staffs of country office, he/she will involve in analysing the data and provide strategic input to the country leadership team on regular basis.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
· Reports to:** Director – Programme Development and Quality
· St**aff directly reporting to this post:** MEAL Manager, MIS Manager and Accountability Coordinator
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
MEAL Strategy and Systems**
· Lead on the development and roll-out of an organisational MEAL strategy and approaches across Save the Children Myanmar’s humanitarian and longer-term development programming, in line with Save the Children Myanmar’s Country Strategic Plan and Save the Children International MEAL requirements;
· Ensure that the Country Office (CO) MEAL framework is in place and well communicated to, and appropriated by, all programme staff;
· Lead on the roll-out of MIS system and provide technical support to project leads to ensure that the new MIS system is applied in all projects;
· Ensure systems for tracking action plans derived from quality benchmark monitoring and feedback response mechanisms are in place and well-functioning;
· Ensure appropriate and responsive community feedback mechanisms in line with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS). Provide strong accountability analysis for Programme Managers and Senior Management to inform decision-making.
· Set up a central MEAL work plan and budget, ensuring that the latter is resourced through donor funding;
· Support proposal development processes by providing inputs to the narrative and budget, the development of appropriate (SMART) indicators, inclusion of global, donor and CO MEAL requirements and costing for MEAL activities
· As a key member of the PDQ Team, build strong relationships with technical and programmatic colleagues and provide support as required to ensure the MEAL framework and reporting data flows are well understood and supported across all programmes
Accountability & Participation
· Ensure that all staff at all levels, including senior managers and directors, fully understand and promote accountability in general and to children in particular, through training and coaching.
· Contribute to improvements in existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability mechanisms.
· Training on staff, partners and stakeholders on Accountability, core humanitarian standard (CHS), Sphere standards.
· By facilitating information sharing with key stakeholders, including beneficiaries, ensure that Save the Children promotes transparency throughout all stages of implementation.
· Ensure that project activities are designed to promote feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints.
· Ensure that activities are carried out to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints in line with child safeguarding policy.
Research, Baseline, Evaluation Design and Learning
· Plan and conduct strategic operations/implementation research initiatives and identifies opportunities for future research that will lead to improved programme design, future programme expansion;
· Identify critical knowledge gaps to include in learning agenda for the country office.
· Work to strengthen analysis and communicate programmatic learning (through document sharing, presentations, etc.).
· Lead to designing and implementation of studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with sectors’ technical and programme staff.
· Seek opportunities for information sharing and learning exchanges with local actors/INGOs to promote coordination at local and national level.
· Support dissemination of baselines/assessments/evaluations and effectively track recommendations and lessons learned from monitoring processes including program review meetings, assessments, surveys and evaluations and ensure they are incorporated in project planning and future programming by leading on the dissemination of findings to the project teams in close coordination with all relevant colleagues
· Communicate key lessons and evidence to the Senior Management Team (SMT), ensure that management is able to make informed decisions on a timely basis;
· Ensure accurate and reliable data is available for SCI Country Annual Reporting, programme key performance indicators (PKPIs) and other SCI requirements;
· Support the analysis and interpretation of and information enabling programme teams to produce robust internal and external reports.
Program/ Project Design and Development:
· Lead sector and project team in the development of Logframe, develop narrative MEAL section for any new project proposal under the assigned sector;
· Support Sector to develop new proposals through providing different statistics which required by program/Sector program team
· Participate in project kick off workshop and provide MEAL related support as necessary
Staff supervision and performance management
· Ensure appropriate staffing within the MEAL team and provide leadership, motivation, guidance and technical support to the MEAL team.
· Provide technical supervision of the field-based MEAL staff through regular contact, field visits and meetings etc.
· Contribute to performance management of staff within the MEAL team, in cooperation and collaboration with their line-manager and the human resources department through:
· Oversee the recruitment of Save the Children MEAL staff and where appropriate support partners to adequately resource their MEAL positions
Capacity Development and Coordination
· Identify training needs of staff and conduct trainings to address the capacity gaps, in collaboration with their line-manager (the field manager of their duty station) and the human resources department.
· Ensure effective communications, sharing and teamwork within the central MEAL team as well as between central MEAL and project-based MEAL staff;
· At the organisational level, devise and manage a MEAL training programme with the goal of increasing capacity and awareness of MEAL and analytical skills for all staff;
- Coordinates and manages MEAL-related issues between SC and partners and ensures that the MEAL system has been effectively followed
- Coordinates and communicates with Programme Leads of assigned sector, program or project specific leadership and PDQ department
· Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and level of responsibility and the post holder’s professional development aspirations;
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures;
· Actively participate in and contribute to regional MEAL working groups, meetings and other initiatives
· Act as CO contact person for MEAL, and represent Myanmar CO MEAL unit to the broader SCI organization.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities
Ensure that child safeguarding and child protection mainstreaming are integrated into all M&E frameworks through measurable output and outcome indicators; and lead the process of piloting and scaling up local level beneficiary complaints’ mechanisms in relation to staff conduct, with an emphasis on the Child Safeguarding Policy and measure to prevent sexual exploitation
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Master’s degree in a relevant subject;
· Strong analytical skills;
· 7 – 8 years significant experience in a senior MEAL-related role in development and humanitarian contexts;
· Significant experience in an international NGO or other international organization;
· Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations;
· Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of routine monitoring, community participation and accountability
· Previous experience of managing a team, and proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff;
· Excellent communication skills, including a high standard of written and spoken English and Myanmar;
· The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in difficult, fast-moving and sometimes insecure working circumstances; Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to the link below:
User Guide for Applicants at SCI: https://myanmar.savethechildren.net/sites/stcico.myanmar.savethechildren.net/files/taleo_applicants_user_guide.pdf**
Closing date: 05 December 2021