Duty Station: Yangon (with frequent travel to field offices)
Reports to: Head of Support Services
Direct Reports: Accounts and Finance Team
Overall purpose of the role:
Finance Manager is responsible for all accounting and finance related tasks within DRC/DDG Myanmar Country operation. S/he manage all accounts and finance team and ensure compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC/ DDG procedures and guidelines within the country operation. The role also contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
- Lead and manage the accounts and finance teams (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- Provide strong leadership to the Accounting/finance unit in the Country Office and technical support to the Area offices-based finance staff as well.
- In close cooperation with Managers reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of country’s regulations, DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements.
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies, and statutory returns.
- Ensure regular financial briefings to relevant Manager including budget follow ups, variances in spending and budget monitoring status
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs in line with agreed Master budget.
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action.
- Ensure day-to-day accounting functions are understood and followed properly in CO and AOs, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, Inter-Company accounts management and timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk.
- Collecting cash forecasts from all Area/ Programme Managers and requesting funds in a timely manner.
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries.
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ.
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with Area/ project managers to discuss key variances, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required.
- Prepare for local audits.
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers.
- Ensure an ongoing, accurate both physical & digital data filing system for all Finance vouchers
DRC Dynamics (ERP system)
- Ensure DRC Dynamics (ERP System) is used to its full capacity.
- Function as super user for finances business process and ensure country support is there for finance process
- Ensure proper localization of policies as per the DRC Dynamics system and Myanmar local regulations are developed and implemented
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve performance in the country
- Ensure reliability of the accounting data in the DRC Dynamics.
- Works closely with the HoSS to implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures in Myanmar program
- Update the Job descriptions of finance department staff when required
- Proactively identify and act upon capacity Building needs of Finance staff providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that finance staff capacity is continuously developing
- Conduct on-the-job training for Budget Holders, guiding them through Budgeting, donor compliance and compliance to DRC handbook
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisor(s) in order to allow the organization to function optimally
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
Essential skills, Experience and technical competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior financial management position
- At least 2 years’ experience with people management
- Proven experience in managing large and complex budgets/ consortiums
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA, DFID, DFAT, EU, GIZ and USAID guidelines)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system
- Full professional proficiency in English
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract: DRC will offer the successful applicant with 6 months contract. Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates. The position is placed in Employment Band F.
How to apply
Application and CV
Interest? Click APPLY FOR POSITION button. Please send your application, in English, no later than Friday, 3 December 2021. CV only applications will not be considered. We only accept applications sent online.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and shortlisted candidates may be contacted for interview/an offer made before the advertised closing date)
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience problems with your online application.