To foster transformative justice as the foundation for real and sustainable peace in Syria, by supporting organic civil society development and promoting discourses and narratives within and around the Syrian context that are rights-based, pluralistic, inclusive, and that facilitate holistic truth and understanding.
- Social media content production and regularly updating our communication and social media platforms (website, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Assisting senior management in all communication-related matters and supporting communication with existing and potential donors and partners.
- Working with senior management to find innovative and context-sensitive ways of communicating the impact of Badael’s work and advocating for the organisation’s mission to relevant stakeholders.
- Media Relations: Acting as the focal point for media requests; establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant journalists and media outlets; media outreach; and coordinating media coverage.
- Coordinating media, social media, public relations, and advocacy campaigns.
- Writing press releases and coordinating the production of other media and communication products.
- Overseeing the work of external communications service providers, such as graphic designers, filmmakers/ video producers, translators, editors, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting on media coverage and social media discourses relevant to Badael’s work.
- Convening advocacy coordination meetings and possible representation of Badael during public events.
- Managing logistics relevant to communication, fundraising and advocacy.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English and Arabic skills.
- Must have a minimum of a 2-year work experience directly related to communication, preferably in the NGOs / humanitarian aid and development sector.
- Must have a good knowledge of the Syrian context.
- Good to have a bachelor’s degree in communication, media, marketing, or other related social science or arts majors.
- Experience in graphic design, filmmaking and video production is a great advantage.
How to apply
This position holder must be located in Lebanon and able to do Home Office. Interested applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter stating the expected salary and their availability, along with a sample of their written work (and potentially their graphic design production) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15.12.2021.