The primary role of the Regional Communications Intern is to support the East, Central, and Southern Africa Regional Office (ECSARO) in its internal and external communications.The Regional Communications Intern will be responsible directly (or in a support role) for a variety of communication products and information management services that are delivered in a professional and efficient manner.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Regularly update and file Country Office fact sheets, capacity statements, and other Country-specific live documents.
- Schedule bi-monthly ECSA Communications Focal person catch-up sessions.
- Gather and disseminate content from Country Offices for the commemoration of International Days marked within the region
- Plan bi-monthly training sessions for Communications Focal Persons
- Support in setting the agenda and running of the monthly Regional Office All Staff Meetings.
- Reply to requests from Country Offices. This includes but is not limited to the editing of success stories, reviewing and disseminating social media content, providing guidelines on CARE Images, Brand Standards, etc., reviewing publications such as reports, blogs, factsheets, and capacity statements
- Support in the setup of CARE Shares Country Office pages
- Manage ECSA Region social media presence
- Respond to support requests from Regional Office teams. e.g., setting up Survey Monkeys and updating documents on Venngage.
- Reply to requests from Country Offices. This includes, but is not limited to, copy-editing success stories, reviewing social media content, providing guidelines on CARE Images, Brand Standards, etc., reviewing publications such as reports, factsheets, and capacity statements.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Communications, Information Management, Social Sciences, or similar
- 1-year experience in Communications with an NGO
- Strong understanding of approaches for communicating information to a wide range of different audiences
- Experience with Adobe, Canva, Surveymonkey, Tweetdeck, Venngage and any other social media management platform
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines, responsive to external requests. Strong team player.
- Able to copy-edit and present information and communications products for a range of different audiences; able to review and edit reports (in English) and other written documentation for dissemination and publication.
- Well planned and organized and able and willing to take initiative and be proactive, to think critically and propose different ways of working
- Ability to take lead in communication with various regional contacts
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE’s core values and humanitarian principles
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
Professional Skills & competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/ her work
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential as is attention to detail, teamwork, customer services, and the ability to work in a large, complex international organization
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs
- Is at ease and works well in a multicultural and diverse environment, strong interpersonal skills
- Works with minimum supervision is proactive and has a personal drive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
- Problem Solving -What must be done is known, but how to do is not always defined.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box for creative communication solutions
- Ability to think through challenges and provide potential solutions rather than simply giving up on certain initiatives
- Ability to work in high-stress situations at some times
How to apply
If you feel that you are driven, challenged and motivated to join our organization in this particular role, can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary requirements, kindly send your application that includes cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to ECSA.Recruitment@care.org on or before 30th November 2021 with the subject title “Regional Communications Intern”.
We do require that you have the legal ability to work in Kenya and while we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.