Position: Institutional Capacity Development Officer
Job Grade: 5
Reporting to: HSS Advisor
Location: Nairobi with travels within sub-Saharan Africa
The Africa Christian Health Associations Platform (ACHAP) is a regional organization of Christian Health Associations and networks covering several countries in Sub-Saharan Africa established through a declaration of commitment by the 3rd Africa Christian Health Associations Biennial Conference held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania in January 2007. ACHAP brings together more than 40 national level faith-based networks providing services in 32 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa to share resources, establish technical working groups (TWGs), and provide ongoing training and technical assistance (TA) to its members. In addition, governments see ACHAP members as critical players and, in many African countries, partner with them to provide health support services, even to government facilities.
Reporting to the health systems advisor, the position shall support the provision of health and organizational systems strengthening mechanisms for ACHAP and its member CHAs. The officer shall manage at operational level ACHAPs capacity strengthening initiatives with CHAs. This task shall entail conducting organizational capacity assessments and providing ongoing technical assistance to strengthen all relevant organizational function areas. The organizational function areas will include but not limited to governance and leadership, HR management systems and processes, organizational management in strategic planning, and performance-based funding strategies.
African Christian Health Association Platform
- Coordinates the development of a suite of capacity strengthening strategies, frameworks, guides, SOPs, and Templates for use by ACHAP to strengthen the capacity of CHAs
- Coordinate the implementation of ongoing and future ACHAP donor-funded health systems and capacity-strengthening projects for CHAs
- Support the operationalization, implementation, and evaluation of ACHAPs 2022 – 2025 Strategic plan through annual work planning and M&E processes.
Christian Health Associations
- Undertake mapping of all CHAs activities and the role of faith-based sectors in their countries.
- Support regular assessments and documentation of the contributions of the faith-based sector in ACHAP member countries health systems.
- Support CHAs in planning and undertaking Health systems and organizational capacity assessment using ACHAP Integrated assessment and other evaluation tools and develop and implement organizational capacity strengthening plans.
- Support the development and delivery of relevant capacity strengthening training modules (leadership and governance, management, resource mobilization, advocacy, etc.)
- Support and coordinate the development of an ongoing program of systems strengthening technical assistance (TA and mentorship for CHAs).
- Working closely with the monitoring and evaluations team to support CHAs on documentation and learning from their capacity strengthening activities
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, health systems strengthening, economics, sociology, or any other health-related subject
- An MPH or MBA would be desirable
- At least 5 years practical working experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in health systems/ institutional strengthening
- Experience working with the faith-based health sector would be an added advantage
- Should have good leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Fluency in English required; working ability in French preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter indicating the position, names and contacts of three professional referees to ACHAP Human Resources Department via email@example.com by COB 3rd December 2021
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.