Northern Rangelands Trust (NRT) is a non-profit umbrella organization that supports 43-member Community Conservancies across northern and coastal Kenya with fundraising, technical support, governance advice and training, and security. Its mission is to develop resilient community conservancies that transform lives, secure peace, and conserve natural resources. It is a non-governmental organization headquartered in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Meru County.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, the driver will have the overall responsibility of offering both administrative and logistical support to the Ruko Community to help in achieving set targets and objectives. Specifically, the driver will be required to:
- Provide logistical support to all conservancy activities such as wildlife conservation, livestock programs, security operation and other community development programs.
- Driving team members to and from their activities as assigned.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of vehicles and tools assigned to them.
- Ensuring safety of passengers/property in the vehicle.
- Ensuring valid road licenses are in place.
- Have thorough understanding of motor vehicles engine functionality.
- The driver should be competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post journey maintenance task.
- Ensure full compliance to the traffic laws, regulations, and code.
- Promoting positive corporate image of the Trust.
- Proper recording of mileage booklet.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the NRT management.
- Holder of a “BCED” class with PSV certificate.
- Possess over five years post training experience.
- Holder of a KCSE D+ or O-Level certificate.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Physically fit and emotionally resilient
- Willing to work longer hours and in remote areas of operation
- Honest, team player and one who enjoys community work.
- Mechanics training will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Monday 29th November, 2021 to: Ruko@nrt-kenya.org and email@example.com or addressed to:
THE BOARD CHAIRMAN
RUKO COMMUNITY CONSERVANCY
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.