The international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Planned Parenthood Global (“Planned Parenthood Global”) is issuing this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to carry out the following activity:
SRHR Value Clarification and Attitude Transformation for Community Radio and online Media Practitioners in Senegal.
Headquartered in New York, New York, with offices in Uganda, Senegal, Kenya and Burkina Faso, Planned Parenthood Global Inc. is the international arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., the leading provider and advocate of high quality, affordable health care for people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education in the United States. For more than 50 years, Planned Parenthood Global has worked overseas to break down barriers to health care. In partnership with more than 70 organizations across Africa and Latin America, we advance the health and rights of young people, women, and families, with an emphasis on those most historical marginalized.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The following scope of work represents the expected activities and deliverables by this consultancy in Senegal. Planned Parenthood Global anticipates the project length to be between September 1st and September 14, 2022: two (2) sessions of five (5) days each.
PP Global seeks a Senegalese expert consultant to carry out SRHR value clarification and attitude transformation training for community radio and online media practitioners in Senegal.
The consultant will train two (2) groups of fifteen (15) Senegalese community and online media practitioners. The consultant will provide in depth information and clarify key concepts of sexual and reproductive health, values, and attitudes towards abortion. Training will allow participants to play an increased role in distributing accurate and trustworthy information through community radio and online media channels to the public and not treat a woman’s misfortune as a headline opportunity for gossip to sell newspapers. The aim is to engage media experts to advance SRHR by getting participants to examine and affirm their beliefs about safe abortion and its associated sexual and reproductive health themes in order to become more aware of the impacts of their reporting.
The consultant will develop a culturally appropriate curriculum that resonates with a Senegalese media audience.At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the clarification of values and the transformation of attitudes towards SRHR.
- Identify the values that underpin their current beliefs and attitudes regarding abortion in cases of rape and incest.
- Understand the VCAT’s theoretical framework on abortion and how it can be put in place within the media’s habits of production in a way to enable open dialogue on values, opinions and attitudes in relation to safe abortion services.
- Improve communication on the consequences of unsafe abortions and the advantages to reduce maternal and infant mortality.
- Affirm the intentions to behave in accordance with the values regarding the defence of the right to abortion in cases of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is in danger as stipulate by the Maputo Protocol.
- Deliver training in two sessions for two groups of fifteen people each.
- Deepen participants’ knowledge to change attitudes towards sexual and reproductive health.
- Identify the barriers and negative attitudes undermining and subvertingpublic supportfor access to safe and legal abortion.
- Expected Profile of the Consultant
Minimum qualification requirements:
- Fluency in Wolof (language) and French is required. – Recognized proven expertise in public health in Senegal. – Sound knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues in the Senegal context. – Demonstrated ability to teach sexual and reproductive health. – Experience in delivering VCAT training. – Experience with Microsoft presentation tools. – Familiarity with the Maputo Protocol.
- RFP Process and Schedule
This Section outlines the process and schedule associated with this RFP.
The duration of the consultancy is for two (2) sessions which dates will be agreed upon between consultant and PP Global. The training will take place between September 1-14, 2022. PP Global reserves the right to move the dates depending on variable factors (venue availability, weather…)
A. Schedule The following is the schedule for this RFP:
Date and Event
August 3rd, 2022:RFP posted
August 8th, 2022:Deadline for Proposal Submissions
August 9th, 2022:Review of submitted proposals and identification of finalists
August 10th, 2022:Contracts and Agreements
September 1-14, 2022:Training (2 sessions)
These dates are subject to change at Planned Parenthood Global’s discretion.
B. Contact information
Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA is the point of contact concerning this RFP. All inquiries should be sent to
Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Fatou MBOUP (email@example.com) and Achieng AKUMU (firstname.lastname@example.org). Respondents should submit questions about the intent or content of this RFP and request clarification of any and all procedures used for this procurement prior to the submission of a Proposal. Respondents must submit their questions in writing by e-mail to the point of contact listed above by August 6th, 2022.
C. Proposal Submittal
Please provide an electronic copy of the proposal and a separate electronic copy of the Cost Proposal. All electronic copies should be submitted in PDF format. Each electronic proposal copy and each electronic Cost Proposal copy shall be emailed to Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA (email@example.com) with a copy to Fatou MBOUP (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Achieng AKUMU (email@example.com). Planned Parenthood Global reserves the right not to consider any proposal received after the deadline.
1. Internet/E-mail Communications
Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA will communicate with Respondents via email. Each Respondent should provide an email address with its response for ease of communication throughout this RFP process.
2. Verbal Communications
Any verbal communication from Planned Parenthood Global’s employees or its contractors concerning this RFP is not binding on Planned Parenthood Global, and shall in no way alter a specification, term or condition of this RFP.
If it is necessary to amend this RFP, Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA will share amendments via email.
4. Respondent’s Costs
All costs and expenses incurred by your company in connection with preparing, developing and/or submitting a Proposal, participating in any presentation, or negotiations concerning a definitive agreement, will be borne by your company regardless of whether or not your company is selected. No such costs or expenses may be recouped through any fees for the Requested Services.
5. Withdrawal of Proposal
Respondents may withdraw their Proposal at any time before the deadline for receipt of
Proposals. The Respondent must submit a written withdrawal request, addressed to Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA (firstname.lastname@example.org), and signed by the Respondent’s duly authorized representative.
6. Modification of Proposal
A Respondent may submit an amended Proposal before the deadline for receipt of Proposal. Such amended Proposal must be a complete replacement for the previously submitted Proposal and must be clearly identified as such in the transmittal letter to the Vice President.
7. Proposal is an Offer
A Proposal submitted in response to this RFP is a binding offer valid for 180 days after the due date for Proposals or the due date for the receipt of a best and final offer, whichever falls later.
8. Response to RFP is Planned Parenthood Global Property
On the response due date all responses and related material submitted in response to this RFP become the property of Planned Parenthood Global, inc.
9. Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA or Fatou MBOUP may cancel the RFP.
If Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA or Fatou MBOUP determine it is in Planned Parenthood Global’s best interest, they reserve the right to do any of the following: A. Cancel this RFP.
- Modify this RFP in writing as needed, or
- Reject any or all responses received for this RFP.
10. Other Terms of Submission
Nothing contained in this RFP or implied by the Proposed Evaluation Process outlined above shall create any obligation on the part of Planned Parenthood Global to select any firm for the Requested Services. Planned Parenthood Global reserves the right at its sole discretion to select any firm or consultant on any basis that it deems appropriate (whether or not such basis is price), to decide not to select a firm or to otherwise modify its approach to the project.
To be considered responsive, a proposal must contain the following, prefaced by a table of contents, referenced by number and in the order below. Respondents will also be required to complete and submit the information requested in the appendices section.
All Proposals must be submitted within the prescribed format to facilitate objective review. Any Proposal that materially deviates from this format will be rejected without further consideration of its content. Proposals that contain false or misleading statements or that provide references that do not support an attribute or condition claimed by the Respondent will be rejected. Narratives should provide a concise description of capabilities to satisfy the requirements of this RFP. Emphasis should be on clarity, brevity and completeness of response.
Your Proposal must contain all the information specifically required by this RFP or must acknowledge any information that is not applicable or is otherwise omitted. Planned Parenthood Global reserves the right not to consider any additional information or materials included in or submitted with your Proposal. Your Proposal must be e-signed by an authorized representative of the consultant or your firm.
The Respondent’s Proposal shall contain the following:
1. Cover Letter – The Proposal must be accompanied by a transmittal letter that designates the name, physical address, e-mail address, and the telephone number of the person or persons available for contact concerning the response and who is authorized to make representations on behalf of the Respondent’s organization.
2 . Introduction – Include any introductory remarks, not to exceed 2 pages, deemed appropriate. Briefly discuss such topics as the Respondent’s background, management, facilities, staffing, related experience and financial stability.
- Scope of Work – Provide a narrative, not to exceed 3 pages, describing the general conceptual approach to the delivery of specific services and any other information the Respondent believes is relevant. Please include previous work that demonstrates your ability to carry out the objectives of the consultancy.
- Budget – Specify which Requested Services are included in the base fee for your scope of services. Specify any Requested Services that are not included in your scope of services or that would be available on a separate fee-for-service basis. Responses must include information regarding the proposed amount of compensation for services, either as a lump sum, by hourly rate or by other criteria. The figures provided should include all itemized fees/costs, such as travel. All of the Respondent’s costs should be included in the pricing, as outlined above, and consistent with the requirements outlined throughout this RFP. The pricing must be inclusive of all applicable taxes, exchange rates and/or international and domestic banking fees.
How to apply
C. Proposal Submittal Please provide an electronic copy of the proposal and a separate electronic copy of the Cost Proposal. All electronic copies should be submitted in PDF format. Each electronic proposal copy and each electronic Cost Proposal copy shall be emailed to Henri-Pierre KOUBAKA (email@example.com) with a copy to Fatou MBOUP (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Achieng AKUMU (email@example.com). Planned Parenthood Global reserves the right not to consider any proposal received after the deadline