SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Database Assistant (DTM)
Vacancy Number : SVN/IOMSO/019/2022
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Mogadishu
Classification : General Service Category, Grade G6
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Six Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 August 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
There are 7.2 million people in need of humanitarian assistance in Somalia. The country also has one of the highest numbers of Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs) in the world with more than 2.9 million who have been displaced by conflict, insecurity, forced evictions, droughts, and floods. Clan disputes, protests, the weakness of the national forces, the gradual withdrawal of the African Union Mission in Somalia, Islamic State and continuing Al Shabab attacks cause insecurity and instability across Somalia. Somalia is currently experiencing a severe drought and over 700,000 individuals have already been displaced due to the drought.
The IOM Somalia mission is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) programme, which encompasses mobility tracking, flow monitoring, and surveys components that aim at supporting evidence-based programming. As co-chair of the Information Management and Assessments Working Group (IMAWG), and key member of Internally Displaced Peoples Working Group (IDPWG), the DTM programme is enabling humanitarian actors plan and respond to needs in Somalia and across the region.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (DTM), and the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer (DTM), and in coordination with the Regional Data Hub in Nairobi the Senior Database Assistant (DTM) will be responsible for supporting database management requirements for the implementation of specific DTM operations. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support in the development, implementation, and administration of database information systems to gather and process information required for DTM implementation, using standard design principles and patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
- Assist in creating database structures, end user interfaces and in preparation of business requirement documentation and training materials.
- Improve and automate data validation mechanisms to support operational and reporting systems.
- Proactively monitor integrated processes/database use, especially by field staff, and contact users to identify difficulties related to the database, server, or connectivity.
- Maintain and expand the DTM Portal, implementing new requirements and functionalities, as needed.
- Support in designing and developing DTM forms, using KOBO Toolbox.
- Participate in the revision of the tools.
- Support the cleaning and analysis of data. Ensure data consistency and provide statistical information and mapping.
- Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Verify the information and accuracy of the data in the system and ensure that reported figures are the same as the once stored in the system.
- Support in conducting triangulation of information
- Provide training and technical assistance to DTM field staff (Field Assistants) and DTM enumerators clerks to ensure the quality of data entered IOM databases.
- Ensure adherence to data protection policies following procedures put in place for requests for data changes, access and general database use.
- Perform such other duties as they might be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Degree/Certificate in the above field with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products.
- Experience working with international organizations and humanitarian/assessment operations, experience in DTM is an advantage
- Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information using analysis software. Knowledge of R and/or Python an advantage
- Advanced skills in verifying, cleaning, and processing data using MS SQL Server and MS Excel required.
- Ability to design and maintain databases using MS SQL Server (Administration and Query).
- Knowledge of mobile data collection, Kobo Toolbox (XLS Form design and data management).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English and Somali is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results : produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted