Regional Human Resources Director, East and Southern Africa
As a key member of the regional senior management team and the global HR leadership team, you will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in East and Southern Africa to ensure the organization has the right structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on its objectives across the region. You will be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and the Regional Senior Management Team, and, globally, the Chief People Officer on all people related matters. You will support and enable countries in the East and Southern Africa Region to manage and develop their people as well as ensuring that quality standards in Human Resources are met across the region. You will be accountable for the implementation strategy of the Global HR People Strategy in East and Southern Africa
Save the Children works in twelve countries in East Southern Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia and Ethiopia) with a current staff complement of approximately 5000 staff and current expenditure of approximately $400 million each year. The Regional Multi-Country Program unit has an overall portfolio of 4 million USD and Youth in Action project is 40 Million USD.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Qualified HR professional and/or substantial HR generalist experience including recruitment and selection, performance management, learning and development, reward and employee relations.
- Proven HR leadership experience across multiple countries with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure.
- Demonstrable track record of leading substantial change – maximising benefits and minimising risks.
- Culturally sensitive, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Substantial experience of building, leading and developing staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Able to create ‘attractive expertise’ which encourages senior managers to seek help and counsel in resolving people matters maturely and with minimal disruption.
- Proven consulting and process facilitation skills at leadership levels
- Strong coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstratable strong team work skills in working across organizational units in a supportive and collaborative manner
- Excellent and persuasive oral and written communications skills; professionally assertive with ability to influence without formal authority
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and to Save the Children values.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the ESA region
Contract duration: Open-ended
Location: Nairobi or any Country with SCI Presence in East and Southern Africa
Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42MjkxMy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20