Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Officer, the Programme Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the UNMAS Mali Management Team with quality assurance and mandate compliance of planned project and programme expenditures, periodic reviews and overall programme section tasks. This requires good and accurate communication for close liaison with all relevant stakeholders in the UNMAS Mali Programme and with UN partners as well as national authorities and the humanitarian and development community. Key functional responsibilities of the Programme Management Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and review periodic and ad hoc substantive reports against donor contributions, projects and activities;
- Prepare and review written communications and external relations documents for the programme, including highlight reports, articles and social media posts;
- Review technical training materials for branding and consistency;
- Prepare presentations and minutes for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual programme reviews;
- Participate in regular reviews of project budgets and the programme budget to advise on compliance of planned expenditure with the MINUSMA and UNMAS mandates and respective financial agreements.
- Provide logistical and substantive support for visits of donors and other delegations;
- Assist the Chief Mine Action Programme and Head of Project Unit during donor visits, visits to embassies and presentations and visits to/by Mine Action stakeholders in country;
- Liaise with MINUSMA and other UN counterparts on broader programmatic issues and strategic planning, such as UNSDCF and CPAS; as well as on results-based budgeting and other reporting requirements.
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies as required.
- Maintain high quality standards in the preparation and review of all written communications and information products;
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on strategic, programmatic and budget-related issues and draft lessons learned and best practices.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in UN Secretariat and UNOPS results-based budgeting and related guidance as well as donor guidelines for the management of financial contributions;
- Any other related duties as requested and tasked by the Senior Programme Officer.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in International Relations, Project Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or
- A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with minimum of 7 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
b. Work Experience
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Programme, Project Management or Support, Partner Liaison, Communications or Business Administration.
- Experience in writing project proposal and reporting required
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, reading and writing)
- Intermediate French is required (speaking, reading and writing)
How to apply