Nutrition Officer ( 1 Position) Dhobley– Somali-National only**
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To ensure that the community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) and IYCF programs are functioning properly, providing care of quality to all the beneficiaries, respecting protocols and principles of good practice.
SCOPE OF ROLE: Reports to: [Deputy Nutrition Program Manager]
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 650 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Gnarowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne in Hirshabelle, Adaado, Abudwak in Gal- Mudug, Baidoa in Southwest, Kismayo & Dhobley in Jubaland and Mogadishu in Banadir Administration) & Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Mogadishu,
Staff directly reporting to this post: : IYCF Supervisor,
S/he will have overall supervision of Facility Staff (OTP/TSFP Nurses, Mobilizers, Screeners, and Registrars
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified nutritionist or a nurse with primary health care and nutrition experience.
- Degree/Diploma in Human/Food Nutrition, Community health, Nurse from a recognized University.
- 3-year experience in nutrition work and implementation of CMAM programming, including monitoring and evaluation skills, with UN/NGOs.
- Experience of and commitment to utilizing participatory approaches.
- Experience in nutrition assessments and understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach local staff and community workers.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay in the field
- Strong report writing and computer skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali languages.
- Previous experience of working with humanitarian agencies in Afmadow district and by extension lower juba is an added advantage.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Health / Public Health / Nutrition BSc or equivalent
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will close on 5th February, 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZmFyYWIuNjI0NDYuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t