Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks an experienced HIV Testing Services (HTS) Lead for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Comprehensive High Impact Community Based HIV Prevention, Testing, and Treatment Initiation for Sustained Epidemic Control in Lesotho under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). This project targets HIV prevention, case finding, linkage to care, and continuity in care among at-risk groups through a strengthened HIV response at the community level. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. This position is contingent upon award.
- Serve as the lead expert on all aspects of HIV testing and design, adaptation and delivery of different HIV testing modalities, including index testing and partner notification, community-based testing, HIV self-testing, HIV recency testing
- Provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches to HIV case finding through targeted and/or blended testing approaches
- Develop strong relationships with government and other implementing partners to ensure coordination, accuracy, integration, and capacity development in provision of HIV testing services and linkage to care and treatment
- Recommend improvements in the delivery of efficient and quality HTS and targeted case-finding strategies, and engage in mentoring of HIV testing staff
- Perform other tasks as required to achieve the Program Objectives and Expected Results
- Medical degree preferred; nursing degree with clinical experience considered as an alternative. Master’s degree in health management, public health or related discipline also highly desired.
- Minimum eight (8) years professional experience with health and HIV/AIDS programs, inclusive of at least three to five (3 – 5) years in a technical leadership role
- At least three (3) years of experience working with large-scale community-based HIV testing programs in Lesotho and/or the Southern Africa region.
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art expertise in HIV testing approaches in high prevalence settings, including in active index testing and HIV self-testing.
- Prior experience with capacity building and clinical training of health personnel for improved HIV service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
- Experience in Southern Africa, preferably in Lesotho
- Fluency in English (excellence in oral and written communication)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience implementing PEPFAR funded programming around HIV testing and linking testing into the cascade of treatment.
- Lesotho nationals and permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please apply to this position through this link.