Chief of Party, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity, Tanzania
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact strives to be a great place to work. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We seek to promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
Social Impact is preparing a proposal response for a four-year MEL support project to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to provide overall strategic vision, technical leadership and management for this Activity. The COP will be responsible for coordinating closely with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to ensure that the Activity reaches its intended MEL goals. The position is a full-time position for the duration of the four-year project, and will be based in Tanzania, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Tanzanian citizens are encouraged to apply.**
- Must act as the primary point of contact with USAID/Tanzania and Social Impact with regard to day to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Serve as the leader of the team, responsible for overall implementation, results and management.
- Work closely with USAID/Tanzania’s leadership team, the Program Office, technical office directors and team leads, and other Chiefs of Party managing USAID projects/activities.
- Has overall responsibility for assuring that all services provided under the contract are technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, capacity building, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Responsible for facilitating communication and close coordination with all stakeholders of the activity.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, statistics, economics or another relevant field.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
- At least seven years of experience as a senior field manager, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- At least seven years of experience working with third party monitoring platforms and/or support mechanisms.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Proven experience overseeing the provision of MEL products and services to international clients.
- Experience conducting evaluations or assessments of youth-focused development issues and activities.
- Experience working in Tanzania or similar locales (based on economic and social development indicators).
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships of trust with clients, including those at the level of a USAID Mission Director.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
To apply please follow the link to our Careers page: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=4184