Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards to the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for supporting the supply chain team and ensuring that all Supply Chain operations are done on a timely basis without compromising known BAHAR standards. The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for following up on Supply Chain remotely in different sites as needed and will work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Respond to procurement requests from program staff related to supplies, materials, and other terms for project beneficiaries and activities.
- Ensure that Supply Chain operations are carried out in accordance with BAHAR and donor-specific policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Generate all required supply chain documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Prepare payment requests and collect all needed documents to facilitate payment submission.
- Provide all needed information and documents to finance as per BAHAR and donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested when possible.
- Conducting regular market surveys for commonly purchased goods and services.
- Coordinate transportation of procured items to other BAHAR locations.
- Collect needed documentation from different departments and sites and lease efficiently.
- Update relevant staff about the status of his/her request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Keep good track of supplier’s performance and maintain a database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of supplies, services, and goods
- Maintain an accurate and organized filing system for both hard and soft copies.
- Perform other duties as required by the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate to changing work environment.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, or any other related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in procurement.
- Working experience on USAID, UN, and other donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Very good command in Arabic and English, both writing and speaking.
- Ability to travel to and work from the field.
- Able to work under pressure, able to multitask, excellent team player, and able to work in a multinational environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.