Job Title: Skills Hub Intern
No. of Positions: One
Sector: Programme Administration
Employment Category: Not applicable
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 2-3 months
Open to Expatriates: No
Reports to: Skills Hub Assistant
Direct Reports: None
Start Date: January 2022
Location: Accra, Ghana
Youth Opportunity & Transformation in Africa (YOTA) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. For more than 15 years, we have delivered tailored skills to young people, leading to improvements in their leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and life planning skills. Through our service delivery, we have provided education, skills training, and technical support to thousands of youth and helped them transition to self and wage employment. Our research has contributed to filling the gap in youth data and the evidence base for public policy. And, we continue to use our national appeal and grassroots constituency, through our Voices of Youth Coalition, to advocate and campaign for youth-inclusive policies at all levels.
Purpose of the role:
YOTA is offering an excellent learning and skills building opportunity through the role of Skills Hub Intern. You will support the Hub team in carrying out administrative and operational functions across a wide range of Hub services, including events, training, and co-working facilities. You will hone your communications and interpersonal skills while supporting the Hub team to welcome and manage Hub guests and execute all tasks to the highest quality standards. By the end of your placement, you can boast of building a wide network of stakeholders and a host of opportunities that would become useful for your career ahead.
- Support Skills Hub Assistant in welcoming and registering guests and guiding them through the various services, facilities and policies of the Hub
- Support Hub front-desk management, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls
- Support logistics planning for all meetings and training sessions, including getting training materials and documentation ready in advance
- Assist with managing the scheduling system for training sessions, facility bookings, and other services, ensuring the timetable runs smoothly
- Assist with the collection and compilation of M&E data, and the preparation of regular progress reports on Hub activities, including progress towards weekly and monthly targets and delivery on specific indicators
- Represent YOTA and the Skills Hub external multi-stakeholder workshops and conferences
· Current student or recent graduate from a reputable tertiary level institution
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM applications
· Demonstrated verbal communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritise tasks and pay attention to detail; ability to be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments
· Fluency in English required, alongside Twi, Ga and/or Ewe
Salary & benefits:
This is not a salaried position. YOTA will cover the cost of the successful candidate’s daily commute.
How to apply
We encourage all interested and qualified persons, especially female candidates, to apply.
To apply, please visit www.yotaweb.org/jobs where you can upload your cover letter and CV.
Applications close on Friday, 26 November, 2021. Due to capacity constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
YOTA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. YOTA has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the organisation, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and processes, and discrimination. YOTA also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.