Job Title: Receptionist
No. of Positions: One
Sector: Finance, Administration & Operations
Employment Category: Fixed term
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Duration: One year, renewable
Open to Expatriates: No
Reports to: Programme Operations Associate
Direct Reports: None
Start Date: 4th January 2022
Location: Accra, Ghana
Youth Opportunity & Transformation in Africa (YOTA) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. For more than 15 years, we have delivered tailored skills to young people, leading to improvements in their leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and life planning skills. Through our service delivery, we have provided education, skills training, and technical support to thousands of youth and helped them transition to self and wage employment. Our research has contributed to filling the gap in youth data and the evidence base for public policy. And, we continue to use our national appeal and grassroots constituency, through our Voices of Youth Coalition, to advocate and campaign for youth-inclusive policies at all levels.
Purpose of the role:
YOTA is seeking a Receptionist to manage our front desk, including answering and directing phone calls, distributing correspondence, and receiving visitors. As the Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our organisation, which means that you should have a pleasant personality and possess outstanding customer service skills, so that you can make each caller or visitor feel welcome and comfortable. You must also possess the ability to multi-task, while remaining organised at all times.
· Deliver excellent customer service at all times; deal with all enquires in a professional and courteous manner, whether in person, on the telephone or via email.
· Receive guests and assist them access the appropriate person, department or service they require
· Answer, screen and act on incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner
· Receive, record, sort and distribute mails/deliveries
· Collaborate with security personnel to ensure only authorised access to the premises; supervise strict adherence to recording all access and attendance
· Keeping the reception area tidy and ensure a professional environment on a day-to-day basis
· Arrange for back-up when temporarily absent from reception desk
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor**
· Relevant post-secondary qualification
· Two years’ experience in a similar position
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, as well as electronic communications
· Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. printers, scanners, etc)
· Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
· Professional attitude and appearance
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
· Excellent organisational skills
Salary & benefits:
· Competitive salary structure
· Accra Cost of Living allowance
· 13th month salary
· SSNIT contributions
· Medical and dental cover
· Group Personal Accident cover
· Time off in lieu (TOIL)
· Annual leave
· Sick leave
· Parental leave (maternal and paternal)
· 2 weeks Christmas and New Year break
· Professional development initiatives
How to apply
We encourage all interested and qualified persons, especially female candidates, to apply.
To apply, please visit www.yotaweb.org/jobs where you can upload your cover letter and CV. Your cover letter should highlight how specifically you meet the qualifications, skills and experience required for this role.
Applications close on Friday, 26 November, 2021. Due to capacity constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
YOTA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. YOTA has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the organisation, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and processes, and discrimination. YOTA also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.**