About The Leprosy Mission International-Ethiopia
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a leading international Christian Organization with over 147 years of experience, active in over 30 countries, working towards the vision of “Leprosy Defeated, Lives Transformed.”
In Ethiopia, TLMI-Ethiopia is involved in leprosy, disability and socio-economic related activities. TLMI-E seeks to empower Persons affected by Leprosy and Persons with Disabilities in Ethiopian to increase their capacity and dignity.
Purpose of the job
The overall responsibility of the driver is to provide safe transport services to The Leprosy Mission International Ethiopia office as to TLMIE, donors and government traffic safety rules and procedures. The Driver will report to Finance and Administration Officer as to the structure of the organization and should be committed to provide reliable and compliant support to TLMIE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform duties based on the given schedule and as per the job description provided and as per the request of the line manager.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Assist the office as required with logistics
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staffs and visitors and assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Check daily the technical conditions of the vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, equipment, spare parts, etc.) before start driving;
- Ensure the security of passengers in the vehicle limiting the speed as per TLMIE policy and traffic rules in the country;
- Inform the line manager immediately when incident or accident happened and get police report as per the insurance policy;
- Adherence to all TLMIE policies and procedures as outlined in TLMIE policies and procedure manuals;
- Maintain vehicle log- book in accordance with TLMIE policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely and report needs and problems to line manager;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by TLMIE DSL
- Respect the security rules of the country and TLMIE and donor related to vehicle movements, specifically at checkpoints and roadblocks and ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules; and check security situation and road conditions before departure;
- Carry out few liaising task as requested (collecting of documents, dropping of letters, payment of utility bills, government taxes etc.);
- Facilitate vehicle maintenance, insurance and plate issuance process as required;
- Follow all state and national safety regulations and standards
- Maintain cleanness of the vehicle
- Other duties as assigned by line manager and others.
- 12th grade completion, preferably with auto mechanic diploma
- Valid 3rd Grade or equivalent driving license
- Clean driving record and able to pass criminal background check
- At least five years of work experience as a driver preferably at NGO
- Experience and familiarity with long distance driving across regions of Ethiopia
- Training certificate in related areas
- Proficiency in Amharic, English and Afaan Oromoo is advantageous
- Applicants must be within the age of 30-50 years’ old
Applicant should have these attributes:
- Be committed to the mission, vision and values of TLMI-Ethiopia.
- Endorse and upload the safeguarding policy of TLMI-Ethiopia and ensure that all work considers the safeguard of current and potential beneficiaries,
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Trustworthy, communicator and dependable
- Emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse group of people.
- Good understanding on marginalized citizens
- Good time management skill
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and appropriate flexibility.
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines
- Positive attitude and professional conduct
- Able to work night, weekends, and on holidays as needed
- Physically able to stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time during daily routine
- Free from any addictions
How to Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter by email to email@example.com before November 27, 2021. For applicants who want to apply physically: TLMI-E Office – Mekanisa-Kore, around FDRE Defence War College, BWTC Building Second Floor Room No-202. On the ground floor there are two banks: Commercial Bank and the Dashen Bank. Tel: +251942555529; +251913231464
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
People affected by leprosy are welcome and encouraged to apply.
TLMI-Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. Successful candidates will be expected to submit a criminal background declaration; sign and comply with all organizational policies including the TLMI-E Code of Conduct and the TLM Global Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.