Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Associate Fleet Management Officer coordinates and supervises activities related to fleet management in the Area of Responsibility (AoR) ensuring compliance with UNHCR rules and procedures, cost-effectiveness and efficiency and professionalism in the management of the fleet.
The incumbent reports to a more senior staff member within the domain, exact reporting line may vary depending on the office setup.
The position can be located at UNHCR HQ, Regional Bureau, Country/Multi-Country/Field Offices.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Analyse the existing fleet (with Peak-of-Peak method) and ensure that it is optimally aligned with the operational needs for delivery of protection and assistance to persons of concern (POC). Provide in-depth analysis periodically.
- Advise the office(s) on maintaining an appropriate-sized fleet and how to optimise vehicle use though a pool or allocation system.
- Compile vehicles needs within the AoR while working with key stakeholders in projecting vehicle requirements based on standard or such industry acceptable methodologies.
- Work with key counterparts in receiving, distribution, tracking of vehicles, accident, and incident reporting and schedule vehicles for service.
- Oversee that an updated inventory of all UNHCR vehicles is maintained and work closely with Asset Management colleagues consolidate vehicles for disposal and process disposal procedures with relevant Government authorities.
- Develop fleet management replacement strategies within the AoR considering UNHCR short, – and medium-term requirements. Establish and maintain the system of preventive maintenance and repairs of all vehicles, ensuring that repairs meet manufacturer¿s specifications and requirement of UNHCR.
- Assess technical capacity of local commercial electro-mechanical workshops or service providers for vehicle servicing and repair, ensuring frame agreements are entered into with such parties for the purposes of timely servicing and/or repair of both light vehicles and trucks owned by UNHCR and other United Nations Agencies within the AoR. Perform market surveys for identification of suitable 3rd party logistics service providers including those of both light and heavy vehicles for rental and manage their performance.
- Quality check workshops to ensure the quality of work and that work is carried out according to invoice/s.
- Oversee the status of maintenance and repair works on vehicles. Provide recommendation for acquisition, maintenance and replacement of fleet assets and parts.
- Put in place fleet management key performance indicators relevant for the Operation.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of and the regular update of fleet data (mileage, fuel consumption, M/R data) in relevant business systems for all vehicles within the AoR. Compile and regularly analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in fleet related matters, prepare reports on mileage, fuel consumption etc., assisting decision making.
- Regularly monitor the utilisation and perform updates of the Vehicle Tracking System (VTS) for vehicles within the AoR.
- Prepare regular briefings and progress reports on challenges and lessons learnt.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Mechanical Engineering; Logistics; Supply chain; Fleet management;
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Supply Chain Lrng Prog;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience and knowledge in fleet management. Ability to work in geographically diverse teams. High degree of integrity. Advanced Excel skills.
Knowledge of fleet Wave, VTS and any other vehicle management software is considered an asset.
How to apply
For a full job description and to apply, interested candidates are requested to visit the UNHCR career page at www.unhcr.org/careers – click on the Vacancies tab and enter job ID 31405.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date is Tuesday 23 November 2021 (midnight Geneva time).